Updates – January 12, 2018
Thank you so much for your help and support throughout this first full week of school in 2018! We had a great week here at St. Joe’s. Please consider the following as we move forward:
1. SJS Facilities Update. Thank you to Aaron Wilson, St. Alphonsus Pastoral Minister, and his team for their work on several projects through our school building this winter. We hope you have noticed the newly painted upstairs hallways, as well as warm classrooms resulting from servicing the boilers and replacing thermostats throughout the building. Together, we will keep the school building looking great!
2. Dress Out for A Cause Day. Students will be allowed to dress out of uniform for $1 next Friday, January 19. All monies collected will be donated to the “Night to Shine” event in February. This event provides a prom night experience to students with developmental needs who otherwise may not be able to attend a prom. It is part of the Tim Tebow Foundation and more information is available here: https://www.
Thank you to everyone who participated in today’s Dress Out Day. Together we were able to raise $232.35 for Matthew House!
We also wish to thank Kelly Ambroggio and Sandy Telonis-Nestopoolos for their help in organizing the box tops collect by St. Joe’s. Our recent efforts raised over $422.80 for the school!
3. School Fundraisers. We thank you for your support in buying and selling items for our upcoming school fundraisers! The funds raised through these events goes a long way in supporting the school budget and keeping our programs on track! Please note the current fundraising opportunities for our school:
“What’s” For Dinner?” Fundraiser – Tickets are $25 for a grand prize of over $1,000 worth of gift cards/certificates. Drawing 1/29 at the school.
$100 Raffle – Tickets are $100 for the $5,000 cash raffle. Tickets are sold at school and Auburn Catholic Parishes throughout January. Drawing 1/28 at the Knights of Columbus building.
4. Catholic Schools Week. Catholic Schools Week is upcoming January 28-February 3! Please look for a calendar of events coming home in the grey envelope next week with details.
Keep in mind that we will be looking for students and families to participate in Masses in all Auburn parishes the weekend of 1/28 and 1/29. If you have a specific request or Mass you would like to be a part of, please email me.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to help out with the book fair during CSW. We still need volunteers for the following days/times:
Monday – 1 person from 8:30 – 11:30
Tuesday – 2 people from 8:430 – 11:30
Wednesday – 2 people from 8:30 – 11:30
Thursday – 2 people from 11:30 – 2:30
5. Parent Survey. In an effort to better understand your wants and needs as a contributor St. Joseph’s, we are asking all families to participate in a parent input survey. Along with the input of the School Staff, we will use your input to help craft a 5 and 10 year strategic plan for our school. The survey takes about 4 minutes to complete and will provide very meaningful data for the future of our school. Access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
6. No School – MLK Day. A reminder that school will be closed on Monday, January 15, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
7. Save the Date. Mark your calendars for these important upcoming events in 2018!
January 24 – Q2 Report Cards Sent Home (K-8)
January 28-February 2 – Catholic Schools Week
February 5 – Pre-K Report Cards Sent Home
February 14 – Ash Wednesday Mass (St. Alphonsus Church)
February 19-23 – No School, Winter Break
Thank you and have a great weekend! God bless,
St. Joseph School