A long standing tradition of St. Joseph School has been the opportunity for our 7th and 8th grade students to become members of the National Junior Honor Society. This society is more than just an honor roll of students with outstanding academic achievement. It recognizes those who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of leadership, service, and character, while maintaining a minimum grade point average. Membership in the NJHS requires that a student be of strong moral character, be willing to extend themselves in service of others, demonstrate leadership skills, and live and act in a Christian manner.
The following criteria are the basis for membership in the NJHS:
- The student must be in 7th or 8th grade.
- The student must have maintained a cumulative average of 90% or better in their middle school years (6th, 7th, 8th).
- The student must complete an activity information sheet.
- The faculty members of the Middle School will make the selections from the pool of students who are academically eligible.
- The final selection will be based on the students demonstrated qualities of leadership, service, character, and citizenship, as well as achievement.
- The principal reserves the right to approve the decision of the faculty.
We believe that having an active chapter of the National Junior Honor Society helps to affirm our goal in the Mission Statement of St. Joseph School…to integrate faith and learning. Appreciative of the efforts our students exhibit that bring those words to life, we are proud to recognize them through membership in the NJHS.