Updates -March 18, 2018
Thank you to everyone who made this morning’s Easter Bunny Breakfast a fun and successful event! I hope it becomes a St. Joseph School tradition for many years. As we look forward, please consider the following:
1. St. Joseph Day Celebrations. Although the feast of St. Joseph is tomorrow, March 19, we will celebrate it on Friday, March 23. Students are allowed to wear red, our patron’s color, to school on Friday.
During the day Friday, the 8th grade will attend a Lenten Retreat with a visiting Dominican Sister from Nashville. The retreat will be at Tyburn from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Students wishing to stay for Mass at 2:00 pm may, but must have alternate transportation arrangements to get home, since they will miss normal SJS dismissal time.
All other grades will participate in a half day (morning) retreat at St. Joe’s, lead by the teachers to celebrate our patron, St. Joseph!
A Dominican Sister will also be visiting our school on Thursday, March 21, to speak about the Stations of the Cross at Morning Program and will visit some classrooms.
2. Healing Fields Event. St. Joseph School will host its fourth Healing Fields: Fields of Hopes and Dreams event this Memorial Day weekend, May 25th – 28th at Hoopes Park. This event is a beautiful celebration in honor of the men and women who have served our country to protect our freedom.
We are also asking families to help us with flag sales to honor our service men and women. Order forms were sent home in grey envelopes and are available at the school office. You can also order, or make donations online, by visiting our event website at: https://www.healingfield.org/
3. Cabaret. On March 24th, SJS will host a Cabaret, put on by Mrs. Bellamy and the cast of the school musical. The event will be at 6:00 pm in the school cafeteria and proceeds go to support the school musical.
4. 3-on-3 Tournament. Please sign up for the annual 3 on 3 basketball tournament this Friday and Saturday (March 23 and 24) to benefit the 8th Grade class trip. Registration forms are available in the school office.
5. LSAC Meeting. There will be an LSAC meeting this Tuesday, March 20, at 6:00 pm in the school library. All are welcome to attend.
6. Principal Search Update. Please note that the job posting for the principal position is active on the DOR website. Interested candidates can find out more information under the Jobs – Schools Openings webpage.
Thank you all for your prayers for our school throughout this process.
7. Upcoming Events. Please save the date for these upcoming events:
–March 23 – 3 on 3 Tournament – SJS Gym
–March 24 – Cabaret at 6:00 pm, Cafeteria
–March 28 – Stations of the Cross, 2:00 pm, St. Alphonsus Church
–April 11 and 12 – NYS ELA Testing
Also a friendly reminder to please submit registration materials for the 2018-19 school year if you have not done so already. Thank you,
St. Joseph School, Auburn