Updates – May 11, 2018
Good Afternoon Families,
Thank you for another great week. With time winding down in the school year, please note the following for our upcoming weeks:
1. Spring Musical. Mrs. Bellamy and her team have done an amazing job prepping our students for the production of Annie Jr. this spring! Please join us (starting TONIGHT) Friday, Saturday, or Sunday – May 11-13 – at CCC for the show. Tickets are available at the school office or at the door. $10 for adults and $8 for children or seniors.
2. Healing Fields – Field of Hopes and Dreams. Please note the flag assembly project will be held in the school gym on Sunday, May 20th from 12 pm until 4 pm. We are need of volunteers for this, as well as throughout Memorial Day weekend. Please sign up on our link available here: www.SignUpGenius.com/
Please note that many of our school students are involved in the Opening Ceremonies taking place at 7:00 pm on Friday, May 25th. Please plan to attend and have your child(ren) in school uniform for this beautiful celebration. Our MC for the evening will be Mr. Dan Cummings and we will feature our children and parishes throughout the program.
There is still time left to buy flags in honor of loved ones, veterans, or deserving individuals. Stop by the front office for purchase forms.
3. Shorts Policy. The shorts policy for uniforms will be in effect starting this Monday, 5/14 until the end of the year.
4. Calendar/Schedule Changes. Please note that the last day of school will be Wednesday, June 20th. This will be an early release day for students. As a result, please note the following changes to our end of year events:
- Pre-K Celebration – Wednesday, June 13
- Kindergarten Graduation – Friday, June 15
- 8th Grade Graduation – Tuesday, June 19, 6:00 pm
- Closing Mass – Wednesday, June 20, 9:00 am
The 2018-19 calendar has been finalized and is attached for your planning purposes.
5. NJHS Assembly. The NJHS induction ceremony will be next Friday, May 18 at 1:30 pm in St. Alphonsus Church. Grades 3-8 will attend and parents are welcomed. This program is for qualifying 7th and 8th grade students who have maintained a cumulative average of 90 or better in middle school and exemplify the qualities of leadership, service, and character. A light reception will follow.
6. Upcoming Events. Please note the following upcoming events, in addition to those above:
–May 18 – K/1 Field Trip to the Zoo; NJHS Assembly, 1:30 pm
–May 19 to 21 – 8th Grade Trip to Kalahari, PA
–May 20 – Flag Assembly, 12 pm in the school gym
–May 25 – 28 – Healing Field – Fields of Hopes and Dreams
–June 4 – NYS Science 4 and 8 Written Test
–June 11-15 – Regents Week
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
St. Joseph School