Welcome to Mrs. Guida’s Second Grade classroom!
*Students will be sent with either a textbook, notebook, or chapter review sheet to study from.
ELA– Unit 1 We will be focusing on basic writing skills such as capital letters, punctuation, and letter formation to write a paragraph. We will also be learning about the genre of a story starting with fantasy and finding key details in a story.
Spelling-Students will have spelling homework during the week. Students have been given a “Spellers Choice Menu” choose from some nights for homework. If a test is not given during the week then a notebook grade will be taken. The spelling list does consist of 15 words. Please encourage your child to write neatly.
Math– Please practice math facts with your child. You can also work on different math skills be reviewing on IXL.com.
Monday- Reading Buddies
Wednesday- Gym/ Technology
Second Grade Supply List 2019-2020
- 2 one subject spiral notebook with a plastic cover
- 1 composition notebook
- art smock (any old type of shirt or apron with the child’s name on the collar)
- Zip pouch crayon box with your child’s name on the inside
- 2 boxes of #2 pencils/ separate erasers
- Colored pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Ruler (inches and centimeters)
- 6 glue sticks
- 3 boxes of Kleenex
- 3 packages of baby wipes
- Two pocket folder (plastic works the best)
- 1 Clip board
- Headphones in a Zip-lock bag with your child’s name on it
*We will have a daily snack in the afternoon. Please make sure you send in a snack on a daily basis or a box of snacks for the week.
*Students will be given D.E.A.R time to read in the classroom. Please encourage your child to bring in a chapter book to keep in their desk to read.
*Please make sure your child has their sneakers for gym and recess.