Online Math Practice: IXL
IXL is a comprehensive learning program offering unlimited math practice problems in thousands of skills—all of which are aligned to New York Standards. One of the best things about IXL is that your child can access it from home, so you have a chance to see your child’s progress!To get your child started on your home computer, please follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://www.IXL.com
- Enter your child’s username and password in the upper right corner and click the button to sign in.
- Click on Math at the top of the page and navigate to your child’s grade level.
- Select a specific skill to practice from the list of skills. You can place your mouse over any skill to see a sample question and click on the link to begin.
In addition to making practice exciting, IXL is designed to help your child learn at his or her own pace. The program is adaptive and will adjust based on your child’s demonstrated understanding of the material. All of your child’s results will be saved, so you can monitor his or her progress anytime by clicking on the Analytics tab at the top of the page. I hope you’ll encourage your son or daughter to use IXL regularly.
In 6th, 7th and 8th grade Math we are using a textbook series from McGraw-Hill called NY Math. There is a big emphasis on problem solving, science and understanding the concepts in these books. The lessons are all projected in class on the board from the internet. The books are also accessible by the students online from home. They can get on to see the whole text book online and also view vocabulary cards and other practice activities. The homework page will also be on there if they forget their book.
Website for New York Math: http://connected.mcgrawhill.com
Supply List for 2017-2018:
St. Joseph Middle School Supply List
- 1 Calculator, TI-30xA
- Index Cards, 3×5 Ruled, 400 count
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, orange – Math
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, black – Music
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, dark blue – ELA
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, green – Science
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, purple – Religion
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, red – Social Studies
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, yellow – Spanish
- 1 Folder, 2 pockets, laminated, white for 6th grade
- 1 Notebook, 3 Subj. College ruled, Blue Spiral – ELA
- 1 Notebook, 3 Subj. College ruled, Red Spiral – Social Studies
- 1 Notebook, 3 Subj. College ruled, Green Spiral – Science
- 1 Notebook, 70 pg., Wide ruled, Black Spiral – Music
- 1 Notebook, 70 pg. Wide ruled, Yellow Spiral – Spanish
- 1 Notebook, Composition marble
- 1 sketchbook for Art
- 1 Paper, Graph 1/4 inch, pad
- 3 Paper, Loose leaf, College, 200 ct.
- 12 Pen, Ballpoint Stick, Black
- 12 Pencil, #2, Sharpened
- 1 Pencil, Colored, Crayola 12 ct., 7″ (long)
- 1 Eraser, large pink
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 Protractor, 6″ Clear
- 1 Highlighter
- 1 Spanish/English Dictionary
- 4 pack dry-erase markers & eraser
- pencil case that will hold calculator, protractor and pencils
Algebra Students will also need:
- 1 Notebook, 3 Subj. College ruled, Orange Spiral
- 1 Graphing Calculator, TI-84 Plus